Perturbing a system and observing the consequences is a classic scientific strategy for understanding a phenomenon. Psychedelic drugs perturb consciousness in a marked and novel way and thus are powerful tools for studying its mechanisms. In the present analysis, we measured changes in resting-state functional connectivity (RSFC) between a standard template of different independent components analysis (ICA)-derived resting state networks (RSNs) under the influence of two different psychoactive drugs, the stimulant/psychedelic hybrid, MDMA, and the classic psychedelic, psilocybin. Both were given in placebo-controlled designs and produced marked subjective effects, although reports of more profound changes in consciousness were given after psilocybin. Between-network RSFC was generally increased under psilocybin, implying that networks become less differentiated from each other in the psychedelic state. Decreased RSFC between visual and sensorimotor RSNs was also observed. MDMA had a notably less marked effect on between-network RSFC, implying that the extensive changes observed under psilocybin may be exclusive to classic psychedelic drugs and related to their especially profound effects on consciousness. The novel analytical approach applied here may be applied to other altered states of consciousness to improve our characterization of different conscious states and ultimately advance our understanding of the brain mechanisms underlying them.
- Inner Peace - "The Awakening" $69.00 – $130.00
- Brain Booster - "Mental Mastery" $55.00 – $99.00
- Sample Pack: 5 capsules $8.00 – $45.00
Sample Packs: 3 bags x 5 capsules (Get 15 Percent Off)
Sample Packs: 5 bags x 5 capsules (Get 20 Percent Off)
Sample Packs: 8 bags x 5 capsules (Get 30 Percent Off)
- Psychedelica Documentary From Gaia
- Magic Mushroom Ceremony Guide | 5 Crucial Steps To Hold Your Own Ceremony
- Meet DoubleBlind, The New Magazine Focused On Psychedelics
- AOC Says She’ll Introduce More Psychedelics Legislation In Congress
- Scientists studying psychoactive drugs accidentally proved the self is an illusion
- Psychedelics Help You Become Emotionally Adaptable, Study Finds
- Can magic mushrooms and LSD treat depression and anxiety? Scientists are optimistic.
- The growing push for medical use of psilocybin in Canada
Miracle my family has waited on
I wanted to wait a little before reviewing to make sure the results weren’t just a fluke. I’ve been severely depressed and bedridden the past two years, due to the divorce of a 20 year marriage. I even tried ending my life a few times in which I was rescued. After a week of taking microdoses of 200mg twice in one week, I’m a completely different person. My kids finally have their mom back! Truly one of earth’s miracles.